Thursday, May 14, 2009

From the Horse's Mouth....

Got a text (or seven) from Dad today:

Yeah, it's weird to wake up at 3am with my oxygen up on my forehead. I didn't adjust it back. Woke up again at 6am still no oxygen. None at all today. Waiting to see. Is it me adjusting to the increase of Lasix diuretic? That old idea of ...'hey, if some is good, more is better.' ??

(I asked if he increased the diuretic himself or if the doctor/hospice nurse suggested it.)

I increased it myself but it was mentioned that it could be done without any trouble. I decided to give it a try. Fluid retention seemed to be the 'problem' anyway. I'm looking for some relief from enlarged abdomen on the right side. It pushes my pants down, and with the wieght loss, there's no butt to help hold pants up. So, the next step is suspenders or overalls again. Still no oxygean as of 6:30pm but laying back makes me consider it.

Keeping Up the Blog - I'd like to see...