Sunday, May 30, 2010

Rex Liked: Meridian Magazine Article, August 2005

Click here: Meridian Magazine :: Articles : Making the Grade: Study Pointers for LDS Students

Dear Girls,
I thought that this guys approach to "learning" was very interesting. His story about being just an average student in high school rang a bell with me.


I know my mind is capable of much more than I make it do.


His story is encouraging that I can improve my mind and my way of learning and digesting knowledge.

There are 4 or 5 more parts to this article which will be on this website over the next few days. I hope this strikes you as something worth pursuing and looking into. At age 51 I see how much more I could have done (or learned) if I had just attempted to stretch myself. I also see that those who learn how to "learn", end up making more money and
that as you well know, is BETTER than making or having less money. Knowledge opens more opportunities, for sure.

D&C 130:18 - Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection.
v.19 - And if a person gains more knowledge and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the advantage in the world to come.
v.20 and 21 are also very interesting.


I love you girls more than you will ever know,

dAd

Keeping Up the Blog - I'd like to see...